Monday, September 12, 2011

Friends on Drinks -- Helping the Kids

Food and beverages can be very closely related.  I've always enjoyed wine with dinner, but it wasn't until I went to a wine pairings event a few years ago that I really understood how intertwined food and drink can really be.  It's amazing how the right glass of wine can illuminate certain flavors or highlight certain ingredients in a dish.  I'm far from an expert on this subject, but if you have the opportunity to attend a pairings event, you should jump on it!  It is an eye-opening experience.  And now I ask the people at my local liquor store which drinks would go well with whatever it is that I am serving.  More often than not, they'll have an answer for you, and your food will taste just that much better. 

That whole introduction was just my excuse to be able to post my absolute FAVORITE Friends quote of all time.  Since food and drinks can be very related, I figured I could turn to a quote that revolved mostly around drinks, and it would relate to my blog.  (My process of reasoning may be flawed, but what can you do?) 

The One with the Proposal: Season Six
Rachel: Phoebe, don’t you think you’ve had enough to drink?
Phoebe: I’m just helping the kids!
Rachel: How is you drinking helping the kids?
Phoebe: Because the more I drink, the less there is for the kids to drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment