Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Goodbye Amore Coffee

One of my favorite neighborhood coffee shops is closing today.  Amore Coffee on Grand Avenue is a lovely little coffee shop, with fair-trade coffee, yummy food, and a pleasant atmosphere.  It was my go-to coffee shop to study with friends for law school finals and to have panic attacks during the bar exam.  The people who work there are friendly, the owner seemed to know everybody who walked in those doors, and they had a little bowl full of dog treats for their four-legged patrons.  Plus they played awesome music straight from the barista's iPod playlist!  In short, Amore was the best and quite possibly the only independent coffee shop in my Grand Avenue neighborhood, and now it's leaving.  I'm so sad to see it go.

(Image from Amore's website)
I never thought I would turn into one of those St. Paul peeps who scowl at the presence of chain restaurants and stores, but apparently I did!  While Anthropologie is great, it's too bad that the property owner basically forced Amore out of its space to make room for this store.  So support our local foodie businesses and visit the other Amore location in West St. Paul.  I promise you won't be disappointed.  And try the quiche.  It's delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment