Thursday, May 12, 2011

Bar La Grassa & 112 Eatery FOR THE WIN!

Isaac Becker, the head chef of both Bar La Grassa and 112 Eatery in the Warehouse District of Minneapolis, won the James Beard award for his superb cooking and menu-crafting skills.  Well deserved, in my opinion, and many congratulations to Becker!

Becker won "Best Chef" in the Midwest division, beating out two chefs from Wisconsin (ha!) and one from Missouri.  He also beat our other hometown nominee, Lenny Russo, the acclaimed chef of Heartland Restaurant in St. Paul.  TIME Magazine has described the Beard Award as the "Oscars of the food world," and according to the James Beard Foundation's website, this award is the most coveted honor for chefs around the country.  So it makes perfect sense that Becker would be recognized for his amazing efforts at 112 Eatery and Bar La Grassa.  I've been to my fair share of restaurants around the Twin Cities, but OMG these two places are the best of the best.  There are menu options at Bar La Grassa that I just can't even comprehend because they are way too delicious.  It seriously blows my mind. 

I haven't been since I started this lil' blog, but I will certainly be going (numerous times) over the course of the next year!  Mmmm I can't wait to try more of Becker's award-winning masterpieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment